Christmas Pudding Ice Cream
Member recipe by jolangley
Perfect recipe to use up leftover Christmas pudding. Works well with fruit cake too and you can use orange juice instead of alcohol if you prefer.
- 4 eggs, separated
- 4 ounces caster sugar (fine sugar)
- 4 -6 ounces left-over christmas plum pudding (more if you prefer)
- 2 -3 tablespoons rum (brandy or orange liqueur)
- 300 ml double cream
- Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar until thick and pale.
- Break up the Christmas pudding with a fork and distribute it evenly through the yolk mixture.
- Add the rum and mix.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks and fold into the mixture.
- Transfer to a container and freeze for several hours until set.
- This ice cream does not require beating during freezing.