Prawns with spicy butter
Member recipe by arhg85
These spicy prawns smothered in butter are a bit messy to eat, but so irresistible! A classic in the Galvan household.
- 100g (aprox 1/2 cup) good quality butter, softened
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2tsp crushed red chilli
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Salt to taste
- 250g giant prawn, cleaned, washed and rinsed WITH the skin
- About 2tbsp minced chives
- With a wooden spoon mix the butter with the garlic, chilli, lime juice and salt. Scrape the sides of the bowl, form a ball and refrigerate until you need to use it.
- Heat an iron skillet until very hot. Add about 2 tablespoons of the spicy butter and immediately add the prawns. Reduce heat to prevent butter from burning.
- Prawns cook quickly, so once they've changed colour add the rest of the butter and half the chives. Allow all the butter to melt. Reduce heat to very low and let the prawns sit on the bubbling butter for about 2-3 mins.
- Remove from heat and serve IMMEDIATELY. Either use the same skillet as serving dish or serve them on a warm plate. Garnish with chives. To eat, remove the skin from the prawn and dip into the melted butter.