Pea & Pecorino Bruschetta
Member recipe by roobarb100
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Portions
- 12 slices sourdough bread
- Olive oil, to brush
- 600g podded fresh or frozen peas
- 150g finely grated pecorino, plus extra, to serve
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Cook peas in a large saucepan of boiling water for 6 minutes for fresh peas or 3 minutes for frozen peas. Drain and refresh under cold water.
- Process peas with pecorino, oil and garlic in a food processor for 1 minute or until roughly crushed, then season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a chargill pan over medium-high heat. Brush both sides of bread with oil and chargrill, in batches, for 3 minutes each side.
- Spread pea mixture over grilled bread and serve scattered with extra pecorino.