Member recipe by issyfoster
ServingsServes 1 - 15 Biscuits
- For shortbread
- 325g plain flour
- 200g chilled salted butter
- 125g/4ÃÂ½oz golden caster sugar
- For filling
- 300ml double cream
- 300g fresh strawberries
- Icing suger for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Rub together the butter and suger until it forms fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the caster suger with a table knife until combined.
- Squeeze together the mixture until it looks like a doughy texture. Roll out using a rolling pin use a circular cut to make the circles.
- Place the cut outs onto a greased baking tin and but with egg to give a brown colouring. Bake untill golden brown. Meanwhile whisk the double cream with a electric mixer untill at soft peaks.
- Take the biscuits out and leave to cool. Turn off the oven. Rinse and drain the strawberries and cut each one into thirds.
- Layer up the shortbread followed by a layer of whipped cream, then place some strawberries on top. Then repeat this process again, with another layer of shortbread, cream, strawberries. Dust with icing suger and serve