Member recipe by debbiepannell
- 75g butter, softened
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- A few drops of vanilla extract
- 200g plain flour
- 2 heaped tsp baking powder
- 100g mixed walnut pieces
- 900g loaf tin, lightly greased and lined
- Preheat the oven to 180c/350f gas mark 4, then cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy before beating in the eggs.
- Peel and mash the bananas with a fork. Beat the mash into the mixture, adding a few drops of vanilla extract. Sieve the flour and baking powder, fold into the mixture before adding the nuts.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and smooth the top. Bake for 40-50 minutes until the loaf has risen and is golden. Cool the loaf for 10 minutes then turn out and cool on a wire rack. Slice and serve.