Fruit Rock Buns
Member recipe by fatimaaziz1992
ServingsServes 1 - 8 Cakes
This is a fun and creative recipe for the children to also help to cook, its healthy but still a easy and simple to adjust as you can change the types of fruit you use and could add chocolate for a different treat
- 200g self raising flour,
- 100g margarine or butter,
- 100g sugar,
- 1 medium free range egg,
- 50g (choose any fruit, raisins, sultanas, chocolate, cherries)
- 2-3 tbsp of milk
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6/ 200c/ 400F and grease a large baking tray.
- Cream the butter and the sugar together, then beat in the egg.
- Add the flour and fruit, then mix together using a wooden spoon.
- Add the milk to make a soft dough.
- Roll the mixture into small balls, place on the greased baking tray and cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Leave to cool for around 5 minutes on a wire rack.
- Then Enjoy with some cream.