Points to remember
- Melt the butter and peanut butter together in a bowl in the microwave.
- Once melted, add the egg and mix thoroughly. Sieve in the dry ingredients and mix again.
- Tip the mixture into a microwave safe bowl lined with cling film. Make small indentations in the mixture using the back of the spoon and add the jam.
- Once you’ve added the jam, microwave for 4 mins.
- Leave the brownie to cool for about 10 mins before serving.
- To check it’s cooked, insert a sharp knife or skewer into the cake part of the dessert (not the jam). If it comes out cleanly it’s ready to serve.
Our microwave peanut butter & jam brownie recipe!
Find the ingredients and quantities for Jack's microwave peanut butter & jam brownie recipe!
Metal and microwaves
“Never, put anything metal in the microwave, or any crockery with a metal trim. Metal reflects the microwave and catches fire – with my firefighter hat on, it’s a common cause of kitchen fire, and kitchen fires quickly turn into house fires. If in doubt, leave it out.” – Jack Monroe