How to make Christmas cupcakes:
- Into a bowl, put 175g soft butter, 175g golden caster sugar, 280g self-raising flour, 150g natural yogurt, 3 eggs and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Whisk together to make an even cake batter then spoon into 12 large cupcake cases.
- Bake at 190C/170C fan/gas 5 for 20 mins. Cool the cupcakes on a wire rack.
To make the icing:
- Whisk together 85g soft butter and 200g icing sugar with 1 tsp vanilla extract until smooth.
- Divide the icing in half and colour one half green with natural food colouring.
For the snowman design:
- Spoon the white icing onto half the cupcakes and spread until smooth. Use white chocolate buttons for the snowman’s head and body then draw his characteristics with icing.
For the Christmas tree design:
- Pipe the cupcakes with the green icing using a star nozzle then decorate with coloured sweets for the bauble decorations.