Lemon fairy cakes
Member recipe by willowth3kitten
ServingsServes 1 - 14 Cakes
- For the cake:
- 125g of caster sugar
- 125g of softened butter
- 125g of self raising flour
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 1 lemon/ 3-4 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 medium eggs
- For the icing:
- 115g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (or other flavouring)
- Food colouring
- Preheat oven to 190c/ 160c fan/ gas 5.
- Cream together the butter and caster sugar with whisk or electric mixer until smooth.
- Add softly beaten eggs slowly, followed by Vanilla extract and lemon juice.
- Add half of the flour and mix until smooth. Then, add the milk and rest of the flour and continue to mix until smooth.
- Spoon into cases or fairy cake tray, and cook for 12-18 minutes, or until golden brown. Test they are cooked all the way through by inserting a knife into the deepest part, and it should come out clean.
- Cool the cakes until they are totally cool to touch.
- Mix icing as per instruction on the packet, and add any food colouring and flavouring as desired. Decorate the cakes as desired.