Indian Masala Scrambled Egg
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 3
The Parsi Akuri (pronounced as 'a kooree') is a delicious breakfast dish made with eggs!
- 6 Eggs
- 2 Onions, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Ghee / Butter / Oil
- 1 tsp Ginger-garlic paste
- 2 Tomatoes medium size, finely diced
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Parsi Dhana Jeera powder
- 3 Green Chillies, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Salt to taste
- STEP 1Heat a little ghee / butter / oil in a sauce pan over medium flame / heat and fry the finely chopped onions until light brown. Add the ginger garlic paste, salt, red chilly powder, turmeric powder, parsi dhana jeera powder, cumin seeds, green chillies, sugar and stir fry for about a minute.
- STEP 2In a bowl, beat the 3 eggs till the yolk and white are nicely blended.
- STEP 3Add the remainder of the Ghee / Butter / Oil in the saucepan in which the onions have been fried and stir in the egg mixture and chopped coriander leaves till all the ingredients are well blended.
- STEP 4Continue stirring the entire mixture, on a low flame, so that it doesnot settle on the base / sides of the saucepan. Keep cooking till the eggs have just thickened and are moist and soft.
- STEP 5Serve hot with fresh bread rolls / toast.