American Style Pancakes
Member recipe by toms112
- 135g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp salt
- 2tbsp caster sugar
- 130ml milk
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 2tbsp melted butter or olive oil plus extra for cooking
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar into bowl. In a seperate bowl/jug whisk together milk and egg, then whisk in melted butter.
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour and using a fork beat until you have a smooth batter. Any lumps will soon disappear with some mixing.
- Heat a non-stick pan over a medium heat and and some butter or oil. Add a ladle of batter or two for larger/thicker pancakes. Wait until the top of the pancake begins to bubble, then flip over and cook until both sides are golden brown.
- You can keep them warm in the oven but are best fresh.
- Serve with maple syrup and butter. (Apply childlike pancake fantasy here)