Member recipe by sweetunique
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 4 chicken sausage links (I used Trader JoeÃ¢ÂÂs Onion & Sweet Pepper chicken sausage)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 14 ounces arborio rice
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, sliced
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- coarse salt and freshly-ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 3 ounces soy parmesan, grated
- In a medium pot, heat the chicken broth to a boil then keep hot.
- Cut up the sausages in half lengthwise, then cut each half in half, lengthwise. Then slice crosswise. You will have lots of little pieces of sausage. Heat a large skillet and saute the sausage until nicely browned. Set aside.
- Place the olive oil in the same skillet and add the onions and garlic. Saute over medium heat until softened, about 10 minutes. Add the rice and begin to stir constantly, so that the rice begins to soak up the juices and the heat. After about one minute, add the wine. Stir and cook over the heat until the wine is soaked into the rice.
- Then begin adding the broth, a large ladle at a time. Stir into the rice, and continue mixing until it is almost completely absorbed, then add another ladle and continue the process until all the broth has been added and absorbed. The rice will be soft and creamy now.
- Stir in the basil, tomatoes, and sausage. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat. Add in the margarine and soy parmesan, stir until melted and blended, and serve immediately.