Member recipe by shazza59
- 1lb minced beef
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 can tomatoes
- 1 can baked beans
- 2 oxo's
- gravy granules (this is to make the gravy a little thicker)
- salt & pepper
- 1lb potatoes very thinly sliced
- about 4oz cheddar cheese
- couple of squeezes of tom puree
- a cup full of water
- Gently fry the onions until translucent, add the mince and gently fry until brown. Add the beans, tomatoes, oxo's, tom puree, S&P, and the gravy granules and simmer until it has thickened a little, add the water if hardly any gravy.
- Transfer to a lidded oven proof dish and layer the thinly sliced potatoes on top.
- Bake in oven on mark 5. or 375.f for about an hour or more, until potatoes are cooked, (I usually stick a blunt knife in the middle to check)Sprinkle the grated cheddar cheese on top and put back in oven (without the lid) till nice and golden. I sometimes cook on about gas mark 4 to slowly cook this if I am nipping out to the shop or doing a school run.
- Serve with anything you want or on its own.
- Can either use corned beef or the left overs from the beef joint instead of mince. If using corned beef omit the salt.
- I sometime put carrots (I cheat and use a small can) and sweetcorn in, to make a difference. I also add more sliced potatoes to make it more filling, depends on how many I have over for dinner.