Green Bullace gin recipe
Member recipe by rachaelpla
ServingsServes 1 - 1 Litre
- 300g of green bullaces
- 85g of granulated white sugar
- 0.75 litres of medium quality gin (I know that loads of people use the cheapest gin but think of the morning after)
- Wash, destalk and sort your bullaces. Reject and fruit that is squishy.
- Put the bullaces in a sterilised wide necked jar. Sprinkle the sugar over the fruit and top up with the gin.
- Leave the jar on the side in the kitchen and shake until the sugar is dissolved (this will take a few days). Store in a cool place for at least three months before sampling.
- Strain the liquor through muslin after six months. Keep as long as you can bear to. We keep all our grog in the barn. Out of sight, out of mind. Until you go out searching for something that might be lurking in the barn.