Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Manuka Honey Hummus & Wedges
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 6
A delicious Hummus with a twist!
- 1 cup drained, rinsed, cooked chickpeas
- 5 cloves garlic, roasted
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons New Zealand Honey Co Manuka Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Juice of 2 lemons
Garlic pita wedges:
- 4 small pitta pockets
- 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 25g butter, softly melted
- STEP 1For the Hummus: Place all of the Hummus ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- STEP 2Garnish with sweet paprika and a drizzle of olive oil.
- STEP 3For the Wedges: Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius, fan grill.
- STEP 4Cut pita pocket in half, length ways.
- STEP 5Mix all ingredients together in a cup and
- STEP 6Spread mixture evenly all over pita.
- STEP 7Toast the pitta pockets under the grill for approximately 3 minutes or until golden and crispy.