Caramelized Pecan Prune Tart
Member recipe by mitrajam
- 1 pack ready-rolled short crust pastry, thawed if frozen
- 100g/ 4 oz pecan nuts
- 175 ml/6 fl oz double cream
- 175g/6 oz sugar
- 1 tablespoon walnut or pecan oil
- 175g/6 oz pitted and coarsely chopped prunes
- 60g/ 3 1/2 oz good quality dark chocolate, broken into pieces melted (optional)
- Pre-heat oven 190C, 375F, Gas 5. Roll out pastry on lightly floured surface to a circle 5 cm/2 in
- Place in a fluted flan tin. press in firmly, prick pastry with fork and then bake blind 10 minutes, and remove from oven.
- Let cool . Mix together the cream, sugar and walnut oil in a pan over a medium heat and simmer until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat. Arrange pecan and prunes in pastry case pour cream mixture on top .
- Increase oven temperature to 200C, 400F, Gas 6 bake in oven 30-40 minutes until top is creamy white and caramelized. Remove from oven let cool
- Using a fork in a back and forth motion drizzle threads of melted chocolate on to top, and serve.