Mint chocolate fudge
Member recipe by mezzy29
ServingsServes 1 - 28 Pieces
This decadent layered fudge is perfect for those who love the 'After Eight' combination of chocolate and mint. Makes a perfect food gift!
- 350g plain chocolate
- 1 (397g) tin condensed sweetened milk, divided
- 1 dessertspoon vanilla extract
- 175g white chocolate
- 1 tablespoon peppermint extract
- 1 drop green food colouring (optional)
- Line a 20 or 23cm (8 or 9 in) square tin with greaseproof paper.
- In heavy saucepan over low heat, melt plain chocolate with 250ml condensed sweetened milk and vanilla. Spread half of the mixture into prepared tin; chill 10 minutes, or until firm. Reserve remaining chocolate mixture at room temperature.
- In another heavy saucepan over low heat, melt white chocolate with remaining condensed sweetened milk (mixture will be thick.) Stir in peppermint extract and food colouring, if using. Spread this mixture on chilled plain chocolate layer; chill 10 minutes, or until firm.
- Spread reserved plain chocolate mixture over the mint layer; chill 2 hours, or until firm. Cut into squares and store in an airtight container.