Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Simple poached eggs and mushrooms
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 1
Gluten free, vegetarian and super nutritious
- 2 free range eggs
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped mushrooms
- 1 tsp fresh or dried thyme
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tbs grated parmesan
- Truffle oil
- 1 clove garlic
- STEP 1Put a small pot of water on the stove to boil. Heat butter in pan on a medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil so the butter doesn't burn. Add the mushrooms, crushed garlic and thyme. Sauté until caramelised.
- STEP 2Add a dash of vinegar to the boiling water. Crack each egg into a ramekin or cup before dropping into boiling water with cup touching the water. Poach for around three minutes before removing from the water and removing excess water on a piece of paper towel.
- STEP 3Arrange mushrooms on a plate, top with eggs. Grate parmesan over eggs, drizzle with truffle oil and season with salt & pepper.