- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Makes Cookies
This recipe is featured in the August 2008 issue of GoodFood as a reader recipe and is great fun for kids to make!
- 350g/12oz plain flour
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1tsp baking powder
- 250g/9oz butter softened
- 300g/ 10oz caster sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 X 40g boxes Smarties
- STEP 1Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
- STEP 2Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda,baking powder and a pinch of salt into a mixing bowl, then set a side.
- STEP 3Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, then beat in the egg and vanilla.
- STEP 4Gradually beat in the sifted dry ingredients to form a stiff dough.
- STEP 5Roll the fough into 20 balls, then place on ungreased baking drays, spaced well apart.(WARNING: THE COOKIES WILL EXPAND LOTS, DO NOT PUT CLOSE TOGETHER!!! )
- STEP 6Press several Smarties into each ball, flattening the ball slightly.
- STEP 7Bake for 15 minutes until pale golden brown.
- STEP 8Leave on trays 2 minutes and remove to cooling racks to cool completely.
- STEP 9Will keep in an airtight tin for up to 5 days
- STEP 10NUTRITION:
- STEP 11PER COOKIE : 253 kcalorices, protein 3g, carbohydrate 35g, fat 12g, saturated fat 7g, fibre 1g, sugar 22g, salt o.47g.