Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Plus 1-2 hours cooling time.
- Makes Squares
- 200g milk chocolate (I use Lindt milk chocolate)
- 100g unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 125g digestive biscuits
- 135g bag of Maltesers
For the topping
- 200g milk chocolate
- 25g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp golden syrup
- STEP 1Line a 20cm square baking tin with baking parchment.
- STEP 2Place the 200g of chocolate, butter and syrup in a heat-proof bowl and melt over a pan of barely simmering water or in the microwave. Once almost melted, remove from the heat and gently stir until any tiny bits chocolate have melted. Allow to cool a little.
- STEP 3Place the biscuits and 35g of the Maltesers in a freezer bag, seal and crush with a rolling pin. You want mainly crumbs but a few small chunks of biscuit is fine.
- STEP 4Top the crushed mixture and whole Maltesers (save 1 or 2 for yourself) to the melted chocolate and stir until everything is coated. Press into the prepared tin and make the topping.
- STEP 5For the topping, melt the chocolate, butter and syrup as before and spread over the biscuit base.
- STEP 6Cover the tin with cling film or foil and refrigerate for 1-2 hours before cutting into squares.