Honeycomb Smash Cheesecake
Member recipe by kimpearce
Gorgeous creamy cheesecake with crunchy honeycomb and chocolate pieces on a crunchy biscuit base.
- 150g butter
- 200g digestive biscuits
- 1 vanilla pod or 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 500g cream cheese (Philly Light is ok)
- 100g caster sugar
- 300ml double cream
- 1 pack chocolate covered honeycomb nuggets or 2 crunchies
- Grease a 23cm spring form cake tin or alternatively you can use individual ramekins (as I have in picture) These quantities will make 12 individual cheesecakes or one large one. Place biscuits in a plastic bag and bash with rolling pin until fine.
- Place butter in pan and heat over low heat until melted, add biscuit crumbs and stir until fully mixed.
- Remove from heat and put into base of cake tin, squash down firmly and put in fridge to set for 1 hour.
- Place cream cheese, caster sugar and vanilla in bowl and mix together. If you want a plain cheesecake you can add the zest and juice of a lemon and/or orange at this stage. Whisk cream in a separate bowl until soft peak stage. Crush honeycomb and stir in. Add to cream cheese mixture and fold in.
- Place mixture on top of chilled biscuit base. Put in fridge to set for about an hour. Sprinkle top with crushed flakes or some of the honeycomb.