Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Pistachio Lime Cupcakes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Cooling time
- Makes Cakes
More flavour than a pistachio cupcake and great for an easy snack
- 140g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 285g golden caster sugar
- 120ml Greek yogurt
- 3 medium eggs
- 170g self-raising flour
- 1ÃÂ½tsp baking powder
- 55g unsalted pistachio nuts, ground
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime
For the icing
- 110g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 110g cream cheese, room temperature
- 450g icing sugar
- Green food colouring paste
- Sugar flowers to decorate
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 180ÃÂ°C/gas mark 4. Line a 12-hole non-stick muffin tin with paper muffin cases.
- STEP 2Beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat the yogurt into the eggs and then stir into the sugar mixture. Sift the flour and baking powder, add the ground pistachio nuts and lime zest, and then stir into the batter until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- STEP 3Spoon the mixture into the paper cases so that they are three-quarters full. Bake the cakes in the centre of the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until they are firm and springy to the touch. Remove from the oven and place the cakes on a wire rack to cook.
- STEP 4To make the icing, cream the butter and cheese in a bowl. Gradually add the icing sugar until you have a good piping/spreading consistency. Dot in a little colouring paste with a skewer and keep mixing until the icing is the shade you like.
- STEP 5Using a piping bag with a star nozzle, pipe on the icing. Scatter with the sugar flowers