Pistachio Lime Cupcakes
Member recipe by janeyk73
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Cakes
- 140g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 285g golden caster sugar
- 120ml Greek yogurt
- 3 medium eggs
- 170g self-raising flour
- 1ÃÂ½tsp baking powder
- 55g unsalted pistachio nuts, ground
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime
- For the icing
- 110g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 110g cream cheese, room temperature
- 450g icing sugar
- Green food colouring paste
- Sugar flowers to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180ÃÂ°C/gas mark 4. Line a 12-hole non-stick muffin tin with paper muffin cases.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat the yogurt into the eggs and then stir into the sugar mixture. Sift the flour and baking powder, add the ground pistachio nuts and lime zest, and then stir into the batter until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases so that they are three-quarters full. Bake the cakes in the centre of the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until they are firm and springy to the touch. Remove from the oven and place the cakes on a wire rack to cook.
- To make the icing, cream the butter and cheese in a bowl. Gradually add the icing sugar until you have a good piping/spreading consistency. Dot in a little colouring paste with a skewer and keep mixing until the icing is the shade you like.
- Using a piping bag with a star nozzle, pipe on the icing. Scatter with the sugar flowers