Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Mini Lemon Cheesecakes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Plus extra cooling time
- Makes Cakes
This is a great recipe- a combination of smooth creamy sweet cheese, zingy lemon and crunchy biscuit base. However it is so versatile, you can add any flavourings and change it to suit your tastes (however I think the lemon tastes best!). I made up this recipe whilst searching out a good snack. This recipe makes 12 mini cheesecakes.
- You need:
For the Cheese cake:
- - 2 tubs of 200g Cream Cheese (I use Philedelphia)
- - 50g of icing sugar (a good shaking)
- - 2 lemons (juice and rind)
- - Splash of double cream (if your cheesecake seems runny, add more of this and stir so more air is incorporated into it, however if it is thick, this is good, the thicker the better!)
For the biscuit base:
- - Chunk of butter (50-75g)
- - Half a pack of digestive biscuits (150g ish, you can use any biscuits, however)
- STEP 1Mix all of the cheesecake ingredients together (the cream cheese, lemon, icing sugar and double cream) make sure it is well mixed, and you are getting lots of air into the mixture. Also make sure the lemon juice and rind is mixed in evenly into the mixture.
- STEP 2Heat up your butter until it is melted (either on the hob or in the microwave).
- STEP 3Mash up your biscuits into tiny pieces and put them in a bowl and mix in your melted butter.
- STEP 4Press your biscuit base into moulds (you can use cake cases or no mould, but I find it easier to use one than not).
- STEP 5Pile your cheesecake mix on top of the biscuit base in each mould, smoothing down the mixture on top and then leave in the fridge until serving (leave in the fridge for a minimum of half an hour, as the cheesecake is much better when served cool). When they are ready to serve, simply pop them out of the moulds, and enjoy!