Pancetta Chicken with Linguine
Member recipe by acharge1
A really simple weekday meal prepared and on the table in 30 minutes.
- For the Chicken
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Pack diced pancetta
- 50g philedelphia cheese. Can be flavoured e.g sundried tomato and basil
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pinches dried basil
- For the Linguine
- 2 portions linguine
- 1/2 tin cherry tomatoes in tomato sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced finely
- 1 pack spinach, wilted
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- Switch on oven to 180C/fan 200C/gas. Place a pan of water to boil on the hob.
- Wilt the spinach in the frying pan using 1 tbsp olive oil and a knob of butter. Whilst wilting, prepare the chicken making sure to keep an eye on the spinach whilst doing this.
- Cut off any grisly bits or bloodied bits of the chicken and hollow out the chicken using a sharp knife. Once hollowed, stuff the chicken with the philedelphia and then pancetta until full. Use a cocktail stick to secure the end and then transfer to an oiled baking tray. Ensuring the chicken has been entirely covered with oil, sprinkle on the basil, cover with foil and place in oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once the chicken is in the oven, turn attention to the spinach which should be wilted by now. Add in another tbsp of oil, the sliced garlic and the pancetta and keep on a medium heat. Add in the linguine to the pan of water to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Once pancetta is cooked, add in the cherry tomatoes - tinned are better as they arent as watery, sweet chilli sauce and black pepper. Keep on a low/medium heat while the linguine finishes cooking. When the linguine is finished, add the linguine to the sauce using a spaghetti fork or tongs allowing some of the pasta water to go into the sauce.
- Mix in the linguine gently ensuring not to break any tomatoes, remove the chicken out of the oven and plate to serve.