Wild salmon burgers
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 2 large eggs
- 2 x 212g cans wild salmon, drained
- 60g panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 thumb-sized piece ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 large lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 burger buns
- 1 large avocado, thinly sliced
- lettuce leaves
- STEP 1
Whisk the eggs in a large bowl. Add the salmon and use a fork to mix well so no large chunks remain. Add the panko, coriander, spring onions, ginger, garlic, lime juice and soy. Mix well, and form into 4 x 1.5cm thick patties. Chill if not cooking right away.
- STEP 2
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium high heat, and cook the patties until golden brown and cooked through, about 4 mins per side.
- STEP 3
Spread mayonnaise all over the cut sides of the burger buns, add a salmon patty to each bun. Top with avocado and lettuce. Place the bun top on and serve.
Recipe extracted from Eat to Beat Depression and Anxiety: Nourish Your Way to Better Mental Health in Six Weeks by Dr. Drew Ramsey, published by HarperWave, £22.