Warm halloumi, chickpea & lime salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 100g green bean , trimmed
- 400g can chickpea , drained and rinsed
- zest and juice 1 lime
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ red chilli , deseeded and finely sliced
- ½ red onion , sliced into thin wedges
- 2 ready-roasted peppers from a jar, drained and sliced
- 100g cherry tomato , halved
- large handful rocket
- small bunch parsley , chopped
- 140g halloumi cheese , sliced
- STEP 1
Cook the beans in a pan of boiling water for 3 mins until just tender, adding the chickpeas for the final min of cooking. Meanwhile, make the dressing: in a large bowl, whisk the lime juice and zest with 3 tbsp of the oil and the chilli. Season. Drain the chickpeas and beans and, while warm, toss with the dressing.
- STEP 2
Pour boiling water over the red onion, leave for 5 mins to soften, then drain and rinse. Add the peppers, tomatoes, rocket, parsley and softened onion to the bean bowl. Toss to coat everything in the dressing, then divide between 2 plates.
- STEP 3
Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan, add the halloumi slices and fry for about 1 min on each side until golden. Place a few warm halloumi slices on top of each salad and serve.