Puy lentil, spiced roast carrot & feta salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 500g carrots , peeled, halved and cut into batons
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 250g pouch cooked Puy lentils (or canned, drained and rinsed)
- 1 red onion , finely sliced
- ½ lemon , juiced
- large handful mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 100g lamb's lettuce
- 85g feta cheese , crumbled
- STEP 1
Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. In a shallow roasting tin, toss together half the oil, the cumin, carrots and some seasoning. Roast for 25 mins, turning halfway through cooking. Drizzle over the honey, stir and roast for 5 mins more.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, gently heat the lentils with the onion, lemon juice, remaining oil and some salt and pepper. Allow to cool slightly while the carrots finish cooking.
- STEP 3
Toss the dressed lentils with mint and lamb’s lettuce. Lay warm spiced carrots on top and scatter with feta.