Veggie peanut noodles with coriander omelette ribbons
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Combine egg noodles with fresh Asian flavours- sweet chilli sauce, garlic and coriander, with some Chinese greens and crunchy carrots thrown into the mix
- 250g pack medium egg noodle
- 2 tsp sesame oil , plus a little extra for drizzling
- 1 ½ tbsp sunflower oil
- 3 carrots , cut into thin batons
- 2 garlic cloves , finely sliced
- ½ Chinese cabbage , roughly sliced
- 5 spring onions , thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 3 eggs , beaten
- handful coriander , roughly chopped, plus a few sprigs to garnish
- STEP 1
Cook the noodles following pack instructions. Drain, reserving 2 tbsp of the cooking water. Toss the noodles in a drizzle of sesame oil and set aside.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, heat half the sunflower oil in a wok. Add the carrots and stir-fry until tender. Tip in the garlic, cabbage and half the spring onions, and stir-fry for 1-2 mins until the cabbage begins to wilt. Mix together the peanut butter, soy, sesame oil, chilli sauce and reserved cooking water, then add to the pan. Toss in the noodles and heat until warmed through.
- STEP 3
Whisk the eggs, chopped coriander and some seasoning in a bowl. Heat the remaining sunflower oil in a non-stick frying pan. Tip in the eggs, stir once, then allow to set on one side. Turn over carefully, using a plate if you need to, and cook the other side until set and golden. Slide out onto a board. Cool for 1 min, then cut into strips. Scatter over the noodles, along with the remaining spring onions and a few coriander sprigs.