Vegan Thai green curry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Get your kids helping out in the kitchen with this child-friendly vegan Thai green curry. With tofu and lots of veggies, it's full of flavour
- 200g baby potatoes, halved
- 100g green beans, trimmed and halved
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp Thai green curry paste (check the label to make sure it’s vegetarian/ vegan)
- 400g can light coconut milk
- 1 lime, zest pared in thick strips
- 80g sugar snap peas, halved lengthways
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100g firm tofu, chopped into small cubes
- small bunch coriander, chopped
- 200g jasmine rice, cooked following pack instructions
- STEP 1
Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 8 mins. Add the green beans and cook for a further 3 mins, then drain.
- STEP 2
Heat the oil in a wok or pan, fry the garlic for 1 min, add the curry paste and cook for 1 min, or until it starts to darken a little and smell fragrant. Stir in the coconut milk and bring to a simmer, drop in the lime zest and gently bubble for 5 mins to thicken the sauce a little.
- STEP 3
Add the potatoes and beans followed by the sugar snap peas and cook for 1 min before stirring in the cherry tomatoes and tofu.
- STEP 4
Cut the lime in half and squeeze the juice into the pan, then stir in the coriander and serve over the rice.