Vegan almond berry baked oats
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 150g porridge oats
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 225ml unsweetened almond milk, plus extra to serve (optional)
- 1 large, very ripe banana, peeled
- 185g frozen mixed berries (ours had a combination of strawberries, blackberries and currants)
- 1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp toasted flaked almonds
- STEP 1
Heat the oven to 190C/170C fan/ gas 5. Tip the oats into a heatproof bowl, then pour over 450ml boiling water from the kettle. Stir well, then stir in the vanilla and almond milk.
- STEP 2
Mash the banana, then spread over the base of a medium baking dish (ours was a 20 x 28cm oval) and stir in the frozen fruit to fully combine. You want the banana to sweeten the berries, but you can add 1 tsp maple syrup, if you like. Pour over the oat mixture and scatter with the almonds. Bake for
30-40 mins until set and the fruit juices are bubbling at the edges of the dish. Scoop into bowls and serve with a little extra milk, if you like.