Ursula's pumpkin pasta
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Ready in 50 mins - 1 hr
- More effort
- Serves 4
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 125g ball mozzarella , drained and roughly chopped
- 50g unsalted butter , softened
- small handful sage leaves, plus extra to serve
- grated zest and juice of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 500g/1lb 2oz piece pumpkin , unpeeled weight
- 300g conchiglie pasta (shells)
- 85g parmesan , finely grated
- STEP 1
Soften the garlic in 1 tbsp of the olive oil and leave to cool slightly. Put the mozzarella, butter, garlic, sage, lemon zest and juice into a food processor. Season and blend to a coarse paste, scraping down the sides with a spatula a few times. Transfer the paste to a sheet of parchment paper or cling film and roll into a cylinder. Chill for 30 mins or until firm enough to slice.
- STEP 2
Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Pour remaining oil into a roasting tin and heat in the oven for 5 mins. Meanwhile, using a small sharp knife, peel the pumpkin, remove the seeds and cut flesh into 2cm cubes. Toss it in the hot oil, and season if you wish. Roast for 25-30 mins, turning occasionally.
- STEP 3
Cook the pasta according to pack instructions. Drain, return to the pan and tip in the pumpkin and parmesan. Slice or chop the mozzarella butter and toss into the hot pasta. Divide between 4 bowls, top with sage and serve.