- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
Sunflower oil is made from pressing sunflower seeds and extracting the oil. It's usually…
- 500g turkey mince (2% fat)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
Onions are endlessly versatile and an essential ingredient in countless recipes. Native to Asia…
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
Also known as capsicums, bell peppers, sweet peppers or by their colours, for example red and…
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can red kidney beans in chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh lime or lemon juice
The same shape, but smaller than…
- 2 heaped tbsp roughly chopped coriander, plus extra to garnish
- 6 regular or 8 mini flour tortillas
- 50g reduced-fat mature cheddar, coarsely grated
- large mixed salad, to serve
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Heat most of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Fry the turkey, onion and pepper for 5 mins, stirring regularly and breaking up the mince with a wooden spoon. Add the chopped tomatoes and kidney beans.
Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 10 mins, stirring regularly. Remove from the heat and stir in the lime juice and coriander. Season well.
Lightly grease a shallow ovenproof dish with the remaining oil. Put 1 tortilla in the dish and top with a couple of generous spoonfuls of the turkey mixture. Roll up and push to one side of the dish. Repeat with the other tortillas, then spoon any remaining turkey mixture down the sides of the dish.
Sprinkle the tortillas with the cheese and bake for 15 mins. Scatter coriander over the enchiladas and serve with a salad.