Turkey & courgette koftas
- Preparation and cooking time
- plus soaking and chilling
- Serves 4
- 500g pack turkey thigh mince
- 1 garlic clove , crushed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 140g courgettes , coarsely grated
- ½ pack flat-leaf parsley
- ½ pack mint , leaves only, finely chopped
- 85g half-fat crème fraîche
- 50g Greek yogurt
- 1 small cucumber , halved, deseeded and thickly sliced
- 4 carrots , grated
- 140g cherry tomatoes , halved
- 2 flour tortillas , each cut into 8 wedges
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- STEP 1
Soak 8 wooden skewers in cold water for 10 mins. In a bowl, combine the mince, garlic, cumin, lemon zest, courgettes, half the mint and parsley, and some seasoning. Using wet hands, divide the mixture into 8 and form into sausage shapes around the skewers. Chill for 20 mins.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the crème fraîche, yogurt, remaining mint, a squeeze of lemon juice, and some seasoning, then set aside. Toss the cucumber, carrots, tomatoes, remaining parsley and remaining lemon juice together in a bowl.
- STEP 3
Heat the grill and line the rack with foil. Toast the tortilla pieces for 3 mins on each side or until crisp. Brush the koftas with the oil and grill for 14-16 mins, turning until browned. Serve the koftas with the salad, minty dip and tortilla crisps.