Squash & bean enchiladas
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion , thinly sliced
- 250g butternut squash , peeled, deseeded and cut into 1cm/1/2in cubes
- 2 x 390g cartons chopped tomatoes with garlic & olive oil
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 140g courgettes , diced
- 325g can sweetcorn , drained
- 290g can mixed beans in mild chilli sauce
- ½ pack flat-leaf parsley , chopped
- 6 flour tortillas
- 50g cheddar , grated
- 85g bag leafy butterhead salad (or mixed leaves)
- 4 tbsp half-fat crème fraîche
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat, add the onion and squash, and cook for 10-12 minutes until softened. Meanwhile, combine the chopped tomatoes and tomato purée in a bowl and season.
- STEP 2
Add the courgettes and sweetcorn to the pan and cook, stirring, for a few mins. Then tip in the beans and half the tomato mixture. Simmer for 10 mins, taste and season, then stir through all but a small handful of the parsley.
- STEP 3
Spread 4 tbsp of the tomato sauce over the base of a large baking dish. Divide the bean mixture between the tortillas, roll up and arrange in the dish. Spoon the remaining tomato sauce over and scatter over the grated cheese. Bake for 30 mins or until bubbling. Sprinkle over the remaining parsley and serve with the salad and a dollop of crème fraîche.