Tropical rocky road
- Preparation and cooking time
- cuts into 16 squares
You can use any dried fruit, nuts or biscuits in these tasty chocolate chunks. Pineapple and mango gives them a lovely fruity twist
- 100g butter
- 100g golden syrup
- 200g dark chocolate , chopped
- 100g milk chocolate , chopped
- 100g coconut Nice biscuits
- 80g dried banana chips
- 100g dried tropical fruit (we used mango and pineapple), roughly chopped
- 50g Brazil nuts , roughly chopped
- 50g mini marshmallows
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 1 ball stem ginger , finely chopped
- STEP 1
Line a 20 x 20cm baking tin with baking parchment. Put the butter, golden syrup, chocolate and a pinch of salt into a saucepan. Set over a low heat and gently melt, stirring from time to time, until you have a glossy liquid.
- STEP 2
Crumble the biscuits and banana chips into a large bowl, leaving some pieces larger than others to create a bumpy texture. Add the dried fruit, nuts, marshmallows, coconut and ginger, and pour over the chocolate mixture. Stir well, ensuring that everything is well coated, then tip into the tin. Use a spoon to press the mixture down and level the surface.
- STEP 3
Chill for at least 2 hrs or until firmly set. Cut into 16 squares and pack for a picnic. Store in a tin for up to 3 days.