Tomato & anchovy risotto with crispy crumbs
- Preparation and cooking time
- Plus standing
- Serves 2
- 6 anchovy fillets in olive oil, drained, oil reserved
- 1 small red onion , chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- 140g risotto rice
- 700ml hot chicken or vegetable stock
- 400g can cherry tomato
- 100g fresh white breadcrumb
- small handful basil leaves (optional)
- shaved parmesan , to serve
- STEP 1
Heat half the oil from the anchovies in a saucepan. Add the anchovy fillets and onion and cook for 5 mins to soften. Add the garlic and cook for 1 min more. Tip in the rice, stir to coat in the oil, then cook for 2 mins until the grains turn translucent.
- STEP 2
Add the stock, a ladle at a time, making sure the liquid is absorbed before you add the next and stirring continuously while cooking. Once you’ve added half the stock, tip in the tomatoes.
- STEP 3
Continue cooking and adding the stock until the rice is cooked but still has a little bite – the risotto should be oozy but not soupy. Season to taste, turn off the heat, put a lid on and leave for 5 mins.
- STEP 4
Heat the remaining anchovy oil in a frying pan, add the breadcrumbs and toss until evenly golden. Serve the risotto in bowls with the crispy crumbs, basil leaves (if you like), and shaved Parmesan scattered on top.