Baked stuffed Romano peppers
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Serve this as a light veggie supper with crusty
bread, or as a side with grilled chicken or
- 2 Romano peppers , halved and deseeded (use normal peppers if unavailable)
- 2 tbsp olive oil , plus 1 tsp
- 1 slice wholegrain bread
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan (or vegetarian alternative)
- 1 red or green chilli , deseeded and chopped
- 2 tsp capers
- good handful parsley , roughly chopped
- 200g young spinach leaves
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Put peppers in a roasting tin, then drizzle with a tsp of oil and a little pepper. Bake for 20 mins.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, toast the bread, then blitz into rough crumbs in the food processor. Mix with the pine nuts, Parmesan, chilli, capers, parsley and remaining oil. Boil the kettle. Put the spinach in a colander, then pour over the boiling water to wilt the leaves. Press out as much liquid as possible.
- STEP 3
Divide the spinach between the peppers, then top with the crumbs. Return to the oven for 15 mins.