- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
Related to the onion (as opposed to being a younger version of it), shallots grow in clusters at…
- 4 tbsp vegan Thai red curry paste
- 400ml Alpro coconut drink, unsweetened
- 400ml vegan vegetable stock
- 300g butternut squash, cut into 2cm cubes
- 150g baby potatoes, halved
- 150g green beans, trimmed
- 60g baby spinach leaves
- 100g shelled edamame beans
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce or tamari
An Asian condiment and ingredient that comes in a variety of of varieties ranging from light to…
- 2 limes, juiced
- coriander or Thai basil leaves, to serve (optional)
- cooked brown rice, to serve
For the pickled cucumber
- 1 large cucumber
- 4 tbsp rice vinegar
- pinch of chilli flakes
To make the pickled cucumber, split the cucumber in half, remove the core with a teaspoon and discard. Cut the cucumber halves into thin semi-circles, then toss in a bowl with the vinegar, chilli and a pinch of salt. Leave to pickle while you make the curry.
Heat the oil in a deep frying pan over a medium heat. Add the shallot and fry for 5 mins until soft, then stir in the curry paste and cook for 2-3 mins until fragrant. Tip in the coconut milk and stock and bring to a simmer.
Add the squash and potatoes and cook uncovered for 20 mins until the potatoes are tender and the sauce has reduced and thickened slightly.
Stir in the green beans, spinach and edamame and cook for 4 mins more until tender. Season with the soy and lime juice and sprinkle over the coriander or Thai basil, if using. Serve in bowls over the rice with the pickled cucumber alongside.