Thai chicken & mushroom broth
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1l hot chicken stock
- 1 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- zest and juice 2 limes
- 100g Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- bunch spring onions, sliced, whites and greens seperated
- 200g leftover chicken, shredded
- STEP 1
Tip the stock into a saucepan, then stir in the curry paste, fish sauce, sugar, lime juice and most of the zest. Bring to the boil, then add the mushrooms and whites of the spring onion. Cover, then simmer for 2 mins.
- STEP 2
Stir in the chicken and most of the spring onion greens to gently heat through, then serve ladled into bowls and scattered with the remaining lime zest. Serve with extra lime juice, sugar and fish sauce on the side so everyone can adjust their own bowlfuls.