Thai beef & broccoli noodle bowl
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
This easy Thai beef stir-fry with coconut milk, honey and fish sauce served over rice noodles is packed with flavour, and ready in 30 minutes
- 100g rice noodles
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 250g rump steak , thinly sliced
- 1 red onion , thickly sliced
- 140g thin-stemmed broccoli , each stem cut on the diagonal into 3 pieces
- 0.5 small pack coriander , leaves picked and stalks finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 165ml can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (optional)
- STEP 1
Boil a full kettle. Put the noodles in a bowl and pour over the boiled water. Set aside to soak for 10-12 mins.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a wok or large frying pan until very hot. Season the beef, add to the pan and stir-fry for 2-3 mins until browned. Tip into a bowl and set aside. Heat the remaining oil, add the onion and broccoli, and cook for 2-3 mins. Tip in the coriander stalks and garlic, and stir through the green curry paste. Pour over the coconut milk and just over half a can of water. Bring to a simmer, then let it bubble for 3 mins until thickened. Drizzle over the honey, soy and fish sauce (if using), then return the beef and any resting juices to the pan and warm through.
- STEP 3
Drain the noodles and divide between bowls. Ladle over the beef and broccoli, and serve with a bowl of coriander leaves on the side, to scatter over the top.