- 450g red and white cabbage (a mixture), very thinly sliced
The cabbage, or brassica, family is huge, and includes everything from the familiar red, white…
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced into thin matchsticks
The carrot, with its distinctive bright orange colour, is one of the most versatile root…
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery heart, thinly sliced
A collection of long, thick, juicy stalks around a central, tender heart, celery ranges in…
- 8 radishes, topped and tailed, then thinly sliced or quartered
The root of a member of the mustard family, radishes have a peppery flavour and a crisp, crunchy…
- 1 red pepper, cored, deseeded and thinly sliced
For the dressing
Put all the vegetables in a large bowl of iced water and leave in the fridge for 1 hr to crisp up. Drain well and pat dry on a tea towel, then tip into a large serving bowl.
To make the dressing, whisk all the ingredients together with a large pinch of salt until the sugar has dissolved. Pour over the vegetables, toss well and chill until ready to serve.