Super-fast prawn noodles
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A flavoursome Chinese-style dish, ready in 15 mins
- 1l chicken stock (we used Knorr Touch-of-taste)
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- large piece fresh root ginger , shredded into thin matchsticks
- 300g peeled king prawns (raw would be better, but cooked are fine)
- 4 bok choi , each cut into quarters
- 2 sachets straight-to-wok noodles
- 4 spring onions , finely sliced
- STEP 1
In a wok or large saucepan, bring the stock to the boil. Stir the sauces into the stock, then add the ginger. Simmer for a moment, then add the prawns: if raw, simmer for 2 mins until they turn pink; if cooked, add together with the bok choi, then cook for 2 mins more until just wilted.
- STEP 2
Slip all the noodles into the broth, then gently stir to loosen them. Bring the liquid back to a simmer, then cook for 2 mins more to warm them through. Scatter with spring onions and serve straight from the wok, using tongs for the noodles and a ladle for the broth.
If you’ve got leftover roast chicken, shred it and use it instead of the prawns.