Summery chicken stir-fry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- handful cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts , cut into thin strips
- 3 spring onions , sliced
- 175g small broccoli florets
- 175g sugar snap pea or mange tout
- half a small head Chinese leaves , shredded
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- STEP 1
Heat a wok or large frying pan. Add the cashews and fry until toasted. Remove and set aside. Add 1 tbsp oil and the chicken, fry quickly until evenly browned, then remove from the pan.
- STEP 2
Add the remaining oil along with the spring onions and broccoli, and stir-fry quickly for 2-3 mins, then add the peas and Chinese leaves and stir-fry for a further min. Return the chicken to the pan with the hoisin sauce and 6 tbsp water. Bring to the boil, then cover and cook for 5 mins until the chicken is cooked through. Scatter over the nuts to serve.