Summer crunch salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Ready in 20 mins
- Serves 4
- 200g pack small button mushroom , finely sliced
- juice 1 lemon
- 200g green bean , trimmed
- handful soft green herbs , such as basil, chervil, parsley and tarragon
- 100g cherry tomato , quartered
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 75g parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), shaved into large curls
- STEP 1
In a bowl, toss mushrooms with half the lemon juice and set aside – the lemon juice will soften the mushrooms. Blanch the beans in boiling salted water for 5-6 mins until they still have a crunch, but they are not squeaky, then drain and cool in iced water.
- STEP 2
Toss the beans and mushrooms together in a bowl with the herbs and season with salt and pepper. Toss through the tomatoes, remaining lemon juice and the olive oil and scatter with Parmesan just before serving.