Spicy lamb & feta skewers with Greek brown rice salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cook: -
- Serves 6
- 300g brown basmati rice
- 500g lamb mince
- 1 tbsp harissa
- 50g feta cheese
- 1 large red onion , ½ thinly sliced, ½ grated
- large handful parsley , roughly chopped
- large handful mint , roughly chopped
- 85g pitted black kalamata olive , quartered
- 1 cucumber , diced
- 300g cherry tomato , halved
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- juice 1 lemon
- STEP 1
Soak 12 wooden skewers in water for 30 mins. Cook the rice following pack instructions, then rinse under cold water and drain thoroughly.
- STEP 2
Heat the grill. Mix the mince with the harissa, feta, grated onion and seasoning. Form into 12 sausage shapes and thread onto the skewers. Lay on a non-stick baking tray and grill for 6-8 mins, turning until cooked through and slightly browned.
- STEP 3
Mix the brown rice with the remaining ingredients and some seasoning. Serve alongside the hot skewers.