- 100ml olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, plus a few extra for scattering
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- ¼ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 140g semi-dried tomato in olive oil, drained
A member of the nightshade family (along with aubergines, peppers and chillies), tomatoes are in…
- 175g pack or jar artichoke heart in oil
- 2 x 200g packs feta cheese
- 85g Kalamata olive
Widely grown all over the Mediterranean, where they've been cultivated since biblical times…
Tip the olive oil and thyme into a bowl and blitz with a hand blender. Stir in the garlic, chilli and lots of black pepper (but no salt). You could add some of the oil from the tomatoes and artichokes, too.
Cut each block of feta into 4 (or 6) and arrange in a dish or a food container with the tomatoes, artichokes and olives. Spoon over the herby oil, scatter with extra thyme and leave to marinate in the fridge overnight.