Spicy jerk potato & pineapple hash
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 700g Maris Piper potatoes , cut into medium chunks
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 rashers streaky bacon , cut into bite-sized pieces
- 40g unsalted butter
- ½ tbsp jerk seasoning
- 200g prepared pineapple chunks
- 4 large eggs
- ½ small pack coriander , torn
- ½ red chilli , thinly sliced
- STEP 1
Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to the boil. Add the potatoes and boil for 7 mins, then drain and leave to steam-dry for 5 mins. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and fry the bacon for 5 mins until crispy.
- STEP 2
Add the butter to the pan along with the potatoes and seasoning, and fry over a medium heat, turning occasionally, for 12 mins. Nestle the pineapple chunks in the pan and cook for a further 3 mins.
- STEP 3
Crack the eggs over the potatoes, cover the pan with a lid or large plate and cook for 5-6 mins over a medium-low heat until the whites are just set and the yolks are still runny. Finish with the coriander and a sprinkle of chilli.