- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced
- 190g pack mini cooking chorizo sausages (or gluten-free alternative), halved lengthways
A coarsely textured spiced pork sausage widely used in Spanish and Mexican cooking. It is made…
- 250g pack ready-to-eat puy lentils
- 200g small cooked beetroot (not in vinegar), cut into wedges
A favourite in 1970's British salads (served cooked and pickled in vinegar), beetroot is a…
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- ½ large pack rocket
Rocket is a very 'English' leaf, and has been used in salads since Elizabethan times. It…
Heat a large pan, add a drop of the olive oil, and cook the onion and chorizo for a few mins until starting to colour.
Tip in the lentils with the beetroot wedges, vinegar, remaining oil, some seasoning and 1 tbsp water. Cover the pan and heat for 1 min to warm through. Pile into a bowl, toss through the rocket and serve.