Spiced turkey with bulgur & pomegranate salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 2 tbsp each chopped dill, parsley and mint
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp harissa paste
- 500g/1lb 2oz turkey breast fillets
- 2 tbsp white wine or water
- 250g pack bulgur wheat or a mix- we used quinoa and bulgur mix)
- 2 tomatoes , chopped
- ½ cucumber , diced
- 100g pack pomegranate seeds
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Mix together half the herbs, half the lemon zest and juice, and all the harissa with some seasoning. Rub the turkey in the marinade and leave for 5 mins (or up to 24 hrs in the fridge).
- STEP 2
Lay out a large sheet of foil. Put the turkey and marinade, and wine or water, on top, then cover with another layer of foil, fold and crimp the edges to seal. Transfer the parcel to a tray, then bake for 30 mins until cooked through.
- STEP 3
Meanwhile, make the salad. Cook the bulgur following pack instructions. Drain, then mix with the remaining herbs, lemon zest and juice, plus the tomatoes, cucumber and pomegranate seeds. Slice the turkey and serve on top of the salad with the foil parcel juices poured on top.