Roast carrot & bean salad with feta
- Preparation and cooking time
- Ready in 40 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1kg Chantenay or baby carrots
- few lemon thyme sprigs (optional)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 175g green bean , topped and halved
- 400g can butter or cannellini bean , drained and rinsed
- 1 small red onion , halved and finely sliced
- 200g pack feta cheese , crumbled
- small bunch mint
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. Put the carrots into a large roasting tin, toss with the lemon thyme (if using) and half the oil, then season well. Roast for about 30 mins until golden, turning halfway through cooking.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, cook the green beans in boiling water for 2 mins. Drain, cool under cold running water, then drain again. Mix together the green beans, cannellini or butter beans, remaining oil, onion and feta, then season to taste. Toss with the hot carrots, then tear in the mint just before serving.